Day 22 - Saturday, April 9

"Jerry" is supposed to show up to take away the dirt we've dug up behind Amy's house. He has my number but doesn't know the address. 

A little before 9am, Jerry texted me "Hi Boss". I asked him if he knew where to go and he said "yes". I then reminded him that we had agreed on $400 and he said that he had to bring someone else and the price was now $500. I told him the deal was off and that was the end of it.

I went to Home Depot to get a Fernco fitting for Amy's kitchen drain repair.

When Amy's house was inspected, there was a problem with a leak in the ABS kitchen drain which was fixed before she bought it. I was finally able to get close to it and could see that it was fixed by smearing black plastic-like stuff over one of the fittings - maybe the previous plumber forgot to glue it originally and it would have been a big job to fix.

I cut the ABS kitchen line with the sawzall and used a Fernco fitting to connect to the 2" flexible PVC pipe which I ran to the storm sewer drain which was only about 15' away. Because the ABS pipe wasn't sloped correctly, gallons of disgusting water poured out as I it cut it which ran underneath where I was lying - all of this in about 18" of head space. Tomorrow I will go back under and try to support the flexible pipe so there is better pitch. This is all just a temporary fix.😉

Today was much more pleasant with temperatures only in the 70s.

Back at Anna's, it cut a trim board to replace the rotting / termite-eaten trim outside her bathroom back door. Carmen painted it so it will be ready to install.

Around 5, we all went over to Amy's for Happy Hour. Then back to Anna's where we relaxed on her back patio with a nice fire in her firepit. We watched a Harry Potter movie projected on her back fence.

It was surprisingly cool so we went back inside for dinner that we ordered from a Himalayan restaurant - it was very good. 

Anna and Penny at Amy's house

Firepit in Anna's backyard


Amy's temporary kitchen drain

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 7 - Friday, March 25 - We arrived in San Diego!

Day 17 - Monday, April 4

Day 15 - Saturday, April 2