Day 9 - Sunday, March 27 - in San Diego

 I have been trying to dig out Amy's crawlspace under her bathroom. I don't know why there is so much debris there or how anyone managed to access the plumbing when her house was flipped. I can see new ABS piping for the shower but there is less than a foot of clearance from the joists to the ground. And the water supply pipes are below the joists. I've been using a concrete hoe to pull out the material and there isn't even enough room to get the blade of the hoe under the pipes.

I noticed that the cast iron pipe coming down from her bathroom sink was wet around the outside although I doubt this is leaking significant water. I also found a broken piece of cast iron and don't know what it is from. I would like to expose the cast iron piping which will be quite a job.

Anna took us in her new car to Alpine where we have gotten beer and the most delicious pizza. There is room for 5 of us in the car although it is a bit tight in the back. The car is a compact SUV. As with most EVs, it has very good acceleration.

After lunch, I did a little more digging - can't do too much at one time.

Amy, Carmen, Penny and I went to the dog beach in the later afternoon. It is always fun to watch all the dogs chasing balls and each other. It is surprising how many of the dogs come over to us to say "hi". It was getting quite chilly at the beach as I only had a t-shirt and the temperature was around 60.

Anna and Mason made a delicious dinner for us, baked teriyaki salmon, broccoli and cauliflower "rice". Cauliflower "rice" is the new "in" food as a substitute for regular white rice which is high in carbs and low in nutrition.

Lunch in Alpine



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 7 - Friday, March 25 - We arrived in San Diego!

Day 17 - Monday, April 4

Day 15 - Saturday, April 2